Welcome to our homepage!
The ODR body was created by the Zentrum für Europäischen Verbraucherschutz e.V. (Centre for Consumer Protection in Europe) and started work in June 2009. The project is financed by:
- The Ministry of Rural Affairs and Consumer Protection of the German federal state of Baden-Württemberg,
- The Bavarian State Ministry of the Environment and Consumer Protection,
- The Senate Administration for Justice and Consumer Protection Berlin,
- The Bundesverband Direktvertrieb Deutschland e.V.,
- The DEVK,
- The Ministry for Environment, Climate Protection, Agriculture and Consumers of the German Federal State of Hessen, Regierungspräsidium Gießen,
- The Ministry for Justice and Consumer Protection Rhineland-Palatinate,
- The Ministry of Economic Affairs, Employment, Transport and Technology Schleswig-Holstein
What is ODR? Online Dispute Resolution is a special branch of
Alternative Dispute Resolution. It is a way of resolving disputes
without going to court. In addition, Online Dispute Resolution uses
modern technology. Our procedure is completed online, which allows us to
resolve disputes quickly, efficiently and inexpensively.
Our ODR body is the competent body for handling eCommerce disputes, i.e. disputes concerning contracts which were concluded online. Since the project is financed by the ministry of six federal states, the ODR body is responsible for complaints of consumers from EU member states against a trader situated in Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Berlin, Hessen, Schleswig-Holstein or Rheinland-Pfalz as well as for complaints of consumers from Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Berlin, Hessen, Schleswig-Holstein or Rheinland-Pfalz against a trader situated in Germany. The procedure is free of charge.
The Online-Schlichter conforms to the Commission Recommendation 98/257/EC and was notified by the European Commission, http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/redress_cons/ecc_germany_en.htm.
We would like to invite you to take a closer look at our ODR service by visiting our website. If you already have a complaint, you can immediately start resolving the dispute by registering the case through the online standard form.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions at email@example.com